Am I there yet?

Am I there yet?
It is better to attempt something great and fail, than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Summer Fun

My moods are ruled by the weather. I am a much happier person from March through November. I am a summer person all the way. I can sit in the sun all day long, but having a pool makes that bearable. I slap my hair up off my neck, kick off my shoes (not that I usually wear any) and soak up the rays. I am a true Alabama girl and wouldn't have it any other way.

I love the water. I don't care if it is the pool, the beach or the river. Residing on or near the water is where you will find me.





Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Eclipse - Edward vs Jacob (Edward, no question)

Ok, I went to see Eclipse tonight - yeah, I know, better late than never. This book though was my least favorite of the series. It was long, and not just in word count, but the story itself. I never doubted she would be with Edward (the old "the heart wants what the heart wants"). Not to diminish her feelings for Jacob, and though love, not the "you touch my soul," "melt my heart," "I am putty in your hands, do with me what you will" love. The movies are getting better. They encompass the story and feelings of the books and the characters. I have yet to be unhappy with any of the casting. I am eager to see how Breaking Dawn turns out.

I loved the books, couldn't put them down. If you haven't read Stephenie Meyer's novel The Host, you need to. It was slow in some places, just as in the Twilight saga, but she writes smoothly and her stories are unique and captivating (and once again, love the characters).

No comments:

Post a Comment