Am I there yet?

Am I there yet?
It is better to attempt something great and fail, than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Summer Fun

My moods are ruled by the weather. I am a much happier person from March through November. I am a summer person all the way. I can sit in the sun all day long, but having a pool makes that bearable. I slap my hair up off my neck, kick off my shoes (not that I usually wear any) and soak up the rays. I am a true Alabama girl and wouldn't have it any other way.

I love the water. I don't care if it is the pool, the beach or the river. Residing on or near the water is where you will find me.





Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Working through it

Yowza! Just realized I made some a big English errors in my last blog. Don't go back and look. Though you wouldn't have to look hard, it is pretty bad. What started out as an editing project with my novel has turned into more. I have fallen in love with my characters all over again. I find myself adding a little something here, and lot of something there, and it's not going as quickly as I planned.

I was grouchy this past weekend as after I added a section, I couldn't get it to flow into the next. Ughhhh! I was stuck. Two days later, and tons of thinking, jotting, and coffee - I got it. I was unhappy though, as I assumed it wasn't going to be any good. Was I thinking that way because it was such a struggle? I considered scratching the entire section. Well, after I read it, I liked it! So, it gets to stay.

Here's to another week of mindless, free flowing writing! Yeah, right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment